As a postpartum doula, my primary goal is to support your family in any way that you need to help ease the transition as you welcome your new family member. This support extends to the whole family as I view each member of the family as an integral part of this postpartum puzzle. Inviting me into your home for support may include any of the following:
- Breastfeeding/infant feeding support
- Newborn care; giving the parent (s) has a chance to catch a nap or take a shower
- Answering questions related to newborn care & reassuring parents of their natural instincts
- Helping siblings to adapt to their new world
- Providing resource suggestions as needed with a deep knowledge available resources in the community
- Light housework to diminish the overwhelm and bring about increased calmness in the home
- Preparation of healthy meals & snacks to reduce the burden of meal prep and help keep the family nourished
- Run errands for the family to take additional items off the parents’ plate
- Provide emotional support during this transformative life experience
To learn more about me & my approach to supporting families, you can visit the About Me page here.
Services également disponible en français
Minimum purchase of a single session of 3-6 hours
Purchase 2 or more sessions at a time & save
Most cost-effective way to get great, longer-term support
Email or phone support provided as needed between sessions
Offer the amazing & invaluable gift of postpartum support!
- Each session is comprised of a 3-6 hour visit.
- Pricing above excludes HST.
- If you request that I run errands for you, reimbursement for any purchases will be due the same day. The paid session will start from the time of my arrival at the location of the errand.
- If I am ever required to pay for parking related to a paid session, the cost will be billed to the client above & beyond the cost of services.
- A distance fee 0.55¢/km will be billed for any clients residing beyond 25 km of my home in Barrhaven. I am willing to travel as far as Orleans, Vanier, Kanata, Manotick, Westboro, all internal areas of Ottawa, and the Aylmer or Hull sectors of Gatineau.
- Payment methods include cash, cheque, etransfer, credit card.