Scheduling a Call
By scheduling a call with me, you will be offered a 60-minute session for us to get know each other a little. We will have the opportunity to chat and to see if I am a good fit for your family. Hiring a postpartum doula means inviting someone into your personal space at a very intimate and sometimes vulnerable time in your life. I want to give you the opportunity to ensure that I am the right person to ease your transition into living with your new little one!
* These calls may not take the full hour, but I like to reserve a full hour for you in case we need the time. *
Or You Can Email Me
Choosing to hire a postpartum doula means inviting someone, who is likely previously unknown to you, into your home to share in an intimate experience. For this reason, I feel that the #1 attribute you should consider is that you have a good connection with this person.
Here are some questions that you can ask during an interview with prospective postpartum doulas that I feel will help you determine a great fit. These are intended to provide you with inspiration & as a starting point. I encourage you to tweak them and/or add any questions that will help you to really discover the perfect person to support your family!
- What do you love about providing postpartum support to families?
- What is your philosophy about parenting, infant feeding, and supporting families as they welcome a baby into their lives?
- From your perspective, what is your role as a postpartum doula?
- Can you describe the kind of support that we can expect from your services?
- How do you support the various members of the family?
- What experience do you have that makes you a great postpartum doula?
- Do you offer support between visits in any way?
- Can you provide us with testimonials and character references?
Questions to Ask Yourself
- Did you feel really listened to during the interview?
- Did you get a sense of comfort while talking with her?
- How compassionate did she seem?
- Did she have any questions for you?
- Did you feel she could meet your needs in the way you’d like them met?
- Did she seem like a good communicator?
- How knowledgeable did she seem?
- Did her philosophies resonate with you?
And maybe most importantly…
Did you click with her?