We all want to attract engagement on social media, do we not? That’s because engagement will lead to leads and leads bring us more customers. Furthermore, who really wants to be borning on social media?
The issue is more that it can be overwhelming to always think of new ways to be interesting, and hopefully engaging, on our social platforms.
So this week I have a quick tip that will help you to easily & consistently (oh how consistency is key!) be more interesting in your social media efforts. Let’s cut to the chase, shall we?
I’m going to list a number of posting styles that you can choose from. As you read through these I want you to take note of 4-5 styles of post that you really resonate with. They should also be styles that you feel will resonate well with your audience. Perhaps you’ll come up with a few others of your own. From there, I challenge you to rotate through these posting styles with each of your posts. By doing so, you won’t always be posting stuff in the same way. Make sense?
Here’s my list:
- Listicle (yes, it’s a real word if you can believe it) – As in “Top 5 tips for fill in the blank“
- Teaching point – teach a lesson in a fun way (video, curated piece with your thoughts, infographic)
- Pose a question (people LOVE to throw in their two cents)
- Share a current event, relate it back to your business or something you stand for, and share your opinion
- History – how was the problem that you solve in your business, solved in the past or by historical figures?
- Share stories (yours or a customer’s)
- Overcoming adversity
- Show & tell (videos are powerful!)
- Share a dark secret
- Post a GIF related to… (this one is very popular at the moment)
- Post a rant (be professional) – could be about a common issue amongst your audience giving you the opportunity to band together
- Curate a great piece created by another brand (more on this in this post I wrote)
As you can see, there are a plethora of styles that you can choose from.
Within each style, you have the opportunity to be creative as well. I hope that you find this helps to reduce the overwhelm that so often comes with trying to what or how to post on social media!
Here’s the social media challenge that I shared related to this post on my Facebook page. I’d love to have you join me weekly for these challenges!
If you found this helpful & would like to get to know me and my mission better, hop on over to learn more about me here.